The Community Lighthouse has been providing behavioral health services for the greater Albuquerque area since 1994. We offer a team of highly trained mental health professionals who take an integrated approach to the individualized treatment of our patients. The Community Lighthouse is a trauma informed clinic that is on the cutting edge of mental health integration and is dedicated to coordinating care with other health care professionals. We are currently accepting new patients! For more information or a referral source for behavioral health services please contact us now.
Last month, I was privileged to join a discussion of Angela Lee Duckworth’s TED Talk on grit. In her talk, Duckworth summarized her important research. She has found, in many different settings (for example, at West Point, at the National Spelling Bee, and in the Chicago public schools) that doing well - in school and in life - depends far less on intelligence and talent, and much more on passion and perseverance, a quality she calls “grit.” Read more....
The words “child abuse” are likely to conjure up horror stories that appear from time to time – physical beatings, a child locked in a closet or tied up for long periods; or the unimaginable – like Ariel Castro’s imprisonment of young girls. But in fact, abuse takes many forms, beyond the physical. Recent research finds that its impact is long lasting. It extends far into adulthood, where it affects both physical and mental health. As Faulkner wrote, “The past is never dead. It’s not even past.” Read more....
At The Community Lighthouse we will strive to:
· Maintain Integrity
- Conduct ourselves in an honest and trustworthy manner with all employees, clients, vendors, and others. Demonstrate dependability, responsibility, and keep our commitments. Work diligently to uphold an impeccable reputation.
· Respect Other People
- Recognize that each individual has significant value. Show consideration for others in all interactions by responding in a professional and courteous manner in order to preserve their self-esteem.
· Demonstrate Leadership
- Focus on execution of key objectives to ensure success. Do significant, effective planning to identify and prioritize goals. Anticipate challenges and opportunities. Develop, equip, and support team members. Reward high performance. Be optimistic, enthusiastic, and passionate.
· Commit to Excellence
- Provide world-class performance. Understand the needs of those we serve and exceed their expectations. Continually pursue the ultimate in quality and professionalism. Establish and uphold superior standards. Be knowledgeable, organized, and effective.
· Foster Communication
- Ensure mutual understanding with others to build healthy working relationships. Seek and maintain clear expectations and provide timely feedback. Listen actively and acknowledge feelings. Remain accessible and approachable to demonstrate openness. Express concerns to those who can resolve them.
· Promote Teamwork
- Cooperate and support a collaborative environment. Be flexible and adaptable. Help each other. Demonstrate loyalty and accountability to the company and co-workers. Build pride by achieving goals.
· Cultivate Creativity
- Seek original ideas in all aspects of our business. Encourage resourcefulness and explore unique solutions to solve problems and achieve goals.